Featured Keynote Speaker: Dr. Kymm Ballard, National Expert in Physical Education and Health Education
Join Health Education and Physical Education Coordinators and Leaders from across the state to share and develop strategies that promote student health and wellness and the link to academic achievement. This meeting will provide an opportunity for dialogue and regional collaboratives to reconnect and plan group agendas for the year ahead. Participants will:
$25 fee includes continental breakfast and snacks.
- receive updates pertaining to school health and physical education legislation and policy including ESSA and USDA Wellness policy expectations;
- discuss the role health education and physical education play in addressing the health and academic needs of students through the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child approach;
- access resources and strategies for expanding key partnerships and addressing health and education disparities;
- connect with colleagues within regional collaboratives and identify ways to support program implementation; and
- participate in hot topic roundtable discussions.
Hosted by the Connecticut Association of Administrators of Health and Physical Education and Connecticut State Department of Education